We are looking for an experienced Criminal Defense Paralegal Manager
APPLICANTS WHO DO NOT POSSESS SIGNFICANT (3 years) CRIMINAL DEFENSE EXPERIENCE NEED NOT APPLY
1-800-NoCuffs, California’s leading criminal defense brand for over 20 years, is aggressively expanding its presence statewide. Join our team to help deliver a modern, tech-enabled approach to client representation and communication. Currently we are seeking a fulltime Criminal Defense Paralegal to join our team in Los Angeles County in our Encino Office.
Our innovative, AV-Rated firm provides stability, ongoing education, and all the resources to set you up for success. Our legal support team is highly focused on bringing peace of mind to our clients. Our team is collaborative in supporting each other as well as the highly skilled attorneys in our firm. We leverage technology to streamline tasks and documentation, while communicating reassuringly with clients in crisis using the channels they prefer. New clients come to us with a high level of brand awareness and trust us to handle their matter with compassion and expertise.
No two days are the same in this dynamic, collegial, and intellectually stimulating environment. The rapid expansion of our firm offers you immediate professional growth and long-term opportunities for career growth and potential leadership.
Your daily duties will include: 1) managing a team of (5-10) paralegals, 2) ensuring the team delivers a consistent, high-quality service to Attorneys and clients, 3) identifying new areas of opportunity to better serve Attorneys and Clients.
In this position, the Paralegal Manager will manage a team of paralegals with the following responsibilities:
- Contact clients on behalf of the attorney prior to and following each court appearance.
- Draft correspondence to the Courts, prosecutors, Administrative Agencies, and others.
- Prepare subpoenas duces tecum (SDTs).
- Follow up with multiple courthouses regarding the filing status of various cases.
- Request and schedule administrative hearings with the DMV Driver Safety Office’s across California.
- Assist with calendar management, including late-calls to courts and coordinating with appearance attorneys, when necessary.
- Do whatever it takes to support our clients, attorneys, and the rest of our team.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- 3+ years criminal law firm experience (A firm focused on DUI cases is an added benefit)
- Solid modern technology skills and rapid adoption of new technologies (we have our own case management system)
- Previously managed teams of 4 +
- A desire to be part of and lead a team focused on the same goals.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, growth-focused Firm.
- Can lead a team to provide friendly and compassionate assistance to our clients who are struggling through a difficult time in their lives.
- Highly organized and process-driven
- Able to multi-task and prioritize
- Able to embrace and be responsive to change.
- Develops and maintains communications in a cooperative and professional manner with all levels of staff and customers using established guidelines.
- Can work with minimal supervision
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and able to produce polished written work
- Enthusiasm for our shared mission of delivering peace of mind to our clients and helping them to rewrite the stories of their lives.
- Ability to teach, supervise, and focus on the professional development of Team Members.
- Strong interview skills and retention of team members.
The successful applicant will love a high-energy work environment, enjoy collaborating with colleagues, and be interested in continually looking for ways to improve the way the firm represents clients. We inspire one another to provide consistently excellent work product.
Compensation based on experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required (JD is a bonus)
- Microsoft Office: 3 years (Required)
- Paralegal: 2-3 years (Required)
- Work Location: One location
Job Type: Full-time
- TO APPLY: Submit your cover letter and CV with the term “Paralegal” in the subject line to [email protected]